Over 2,000 bandits’ informants, food suppliers arrested in Zamfara – Commissioner

Spread the love

Hits: 17

..Says bandits resort to eating raw millets, Okro for hunger

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

No fewer than 2000 bandits’ informants as well as their food suppliers have been arrested in the state, following the military onslaught on them in Zamfara State.

Recall that coalition of Zanfara state indigenes led by Dr Suleiman Shuaibu Shinkafi, vowed that 84 Bandits informants would exposed in moment.
Among those informants, currently giving out vital information to bandits include some highly placed people in the society, the Zamfara State Commissioner of Information, Mr. Ibrahim Dosara disclosed this on Thursday in kaduna.

Dosara also disclosed that no fewer than 80% of bandits had fled the state and that the remaining 20 percent of the bandits had resorted to feeding on raw millets and “okro” as their food suppliers chain had been cut off.

The Commissioner added that banditry had been seriously degraded in the state as result of the heavy military bombardment on terror group who had over the years terrorised the good citizens of the state.
Dosara in an interactive session with newsmen in Kaduna on Thursday, thanked the good people of the state for the cooperation, support and prayers to end banditry in the state.
He also expressed government’s concern over the hardship experienced by the citizens since the commencement of the military onslaught on bandits a month ago, adding that the state government would before the end of week, restore telecommunication services shutdown in the wake of the military operations in the state.

He added that the state government have provided palliatives to the people of the state as according to him, “another success we recorded is the support we received from the people of Zamfara State.”
This was just as the commissioner added that the bandits had perfected the use of Carmels to perpetrate violence in the state.

The Commissioner said “I am happy to announce that after a month, we have greatly succeeded in many areas.

“One of the success is making the bandits flee Zamfara State for fear of being killed.

“Just yesterday, the Sokoto Commissioner of Security on interview,, said 80 per cent have fled to Sokoto, with only 20 per cent in Zamfara and Katsina.

“Over 2,000 informants arrested and are now providing vital information on how they relate with the bandits and who supports them, including highly placed individuals.

“We were also successful in the operation in the sense that many Bandits have been neutralized by the military.

“Most of them are forced to eat raw food like millet, okro as they have been cut off from their collaborators in town.

“They have settled to using camels to perpetrate violence.

“The people supported and prayed for the government to succeed. It is in view of that, the government decided to present relief items to the people. Government considering to open up mobile network services in the state capital this week.”

Nigerian News