Fire gutted a privately-owned radio station, Rize FM, at Ogunu in Warri South Local Government of Delta State.
Fire fire incident which started at about 1am, was caused by an electrical fault at the storey building, with broadcast equipment items worth millions of naira were destroyed in the inferno as no casualty was recorded.
According to the statement by the Head of Station, Laju Awala, said the fire razed down the entire top floor of the building housing the three studios of the organisation, the transmitting room, broadcasting equipment, the news and current affairs department, computer system and other major offices and belongings of the organisation estimated at over N250million.
Awala stated that Management is making efforts to get the station back on air while It appeals for support from the public and organisations
He commended the Delta State Fire Service, Shell Fire Service and other friends of the station who “responded to distress calls and worked collectively to put the fire out.”
The spokesperson of Delta state police Command, DSP Bright Edafe confirmed the incident, said, it was caused by an electrical spark.