Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Tuesday issued a series of direct threats against President Donald Trump and the United States, saying that even the “strongest military force in the world may at times be struck so hard that it cannot get up again,” amid ongoing tensions between Tehran and Washington.Taking to X, Khamenei targeted the Trump administration and warned Washington over its efforts to keep Tehran’s political regime and nuclear programme under close surveillance. He said, “The US President keeps saying that they have the strongest military force in the world. The strongest military force in the world may at times be struck so hard that it cannot get up again.”
The Supreme Leader also referred to America’s deployment of US warships near Iran. In an apparent escalation, he warned that Iran has the capability to strike them, saying, “The Americans constantly say that they’ve sent a warship toward Iran. Of course, a warship is a dangerous piece of military hardware. However, more dangerous than that warship is the weapon that can send that warship to the bottom of the sea.”He added, “The US President has said that for 47 years, the United States hasn’t been able to eliminate the Islamic Republic. That is a good confession. I say, ‘You, too, will not be able to do this.’”Relations between Tehran and Washington have remained strained for years, with Trump repeatedly threatening Iran’s leadership and warning of possible military action to curb its nuclear ambitions.The United States has also deployed warships near Iran to monitor its activities and keep check on it. Last year, Washington launched “Operation Midnight Hammer” aimed at countering Iran’s nuclear programme, and Trump has continued to warn of potential military action against the Iranian regime.




